The ''Société de Développement Commercial de la rue Jean-Talon'' à St-Léonard also known as SDC Jean-Talon is a non-profit business organization representing a specific geographic area of Jean-Talon Street – a 1.6 km stretch east of Blvd Viau and Ouest of De La Villanelle Street (ouest of Blvd Langelier). We group together approximately 250 retail businesses and professionals in order to create a main shopping and dining strip. Our mission is to promote business development on Jean-Talon Street East and consequently contribute to the cultural and socioeconomic well-being of its borough.
- To promote business through advertisement, special promotions and special events created throughout the year.
- To establish a unique and diverse image for SDC Jean-Talon in order to boost this commercial artery.
- To provide our members with special group rates on various services.
- To act as a single voice for our members in order to represent their common interests with the various levels of government, as well as with any other association/ group in our borough.
- To put together any other project, related to the above objectives, in order to bring added value to the SDC Jean-Talon.